Dr Jane Elliott, one of Australia’s leading experts on women’s health and menopause and the President-Elect of Australasian Menopause Society, talks about menopause, the cause, the symptoms and the impact that it can have on the quality of a woman’s life.
Menopause effects women all over the world. Dr Elliott talks us through menopause and it’s symptoms such as hot flushes, hot flashes, night sweats, difficulty sleeping and depression, and the important things you need to know about treatment options including hormone replacement therapy.
WebVNR has interviewed Dr Jane Elliott President-Elect of Australasian Menopause Society and a General Practitioner specialising in women’s health and menopause, to ask her the following questions:
- How long have you been working in women’s health?
- What is menopause? When does it occur? What causes it?
- What are the symptoms? How long do they last?
- How does the reduction of eostrogen (or estrogen) affect women’s health as they get older?
- What treatment options are currently available to help reduce symptoms like hot flushes?
- Are there any sideeffects from taking HRT?
- How does Menopause affect the quality of a woman’s life?
- At what age do women start experiencing symptoms and what should they do?
- Is there anything other advice you’d like to offer women experiencing menopause or fellow GPs?
Please share this video with others who are looking to find out about Menopause.
Dr Jane Elliott is one of the researchers currently conducting a clinical trial on Menopause which is recruiting patients. For more information or to find out if you might be eligible to participate please call 1800 236 350.
More about the trial here http://newmenopauseresearch.com/clinical-trials-directory/
TPR Global fosters patient recruitment communities by sharing relevant content and producing online resources about specific therapeutic areas.